Friday, March 6, 2009

Bioshock 2 Teaser Site

I haven’t had a chance to talk about it on here (yet), but I am a huge BioShock fan. I loved the world they created and the narrative just had me from the start. Although it does have some issues in the final act, I still think it is one incredible FPS.

2K Games has just released their teaser site for BioShock 2 at http://www.somethinginthesea.com/. There really is not much info there as of yet, but there are some interesting facts to glean. From what I can tell, it seems that the Big Daddies are now leaving Rapture to kidnap little girls. There is a note that references “the head resembles a helmet” and “the feet could be heavy boots.” And since it is dated for March 1967, we know that this game takes place 7 years after the original BioShock.

That is sort of disheartening for me, as I was really excited for a prequel. I thought it would be amazing to see how Rapture actually was before everything went to hell. Although this game is done by a different team from the first, I still have high expectations for it. Hopefully they will keep releasing these teasers.

No comments:

Post a Comment